Growing Costs for Legal Services in Private Capital Brings Pressure to Manage Expenses; First-of-a-Kind Event to Exchange Ideas and Best Practices for Managing Legal Spend
London, UK – March 11, 2021 – Apperio, a provider of legal spend analytics and matter tracking, today announced it’s launching the Apperio Legal Expo (ALX). The virtual event is dedicated to internal stakeholders in private funds, such as legal, deal and finance teams, who have an interest in exchanging ideas for efficiently deploying legal resources.
The three-hour event will be live streamed from Landing Forty Two inside the Leadenhall Building in London on April 29, 2021, starting at 5:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. EDT). Tickets to the event are complimentary with registration for qualified attendees. Space is limited and prospective attendees are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
“The private capital market spends considerable sums on legal services and there’s an opportunity to embrace people, process and technology to ensure that money is spent efficiently,” said Neil MacDougall, Chair of Silverfleet Capital and Chair of the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA). “ALX is a big step towards making that potential a reality.”
The sessions and topics that will be covered during ALX include:
- Trends in legal affecting private capital, from the pandemic and deal flow – to LP scrutiny and the growing importance of ESG.
- Proving the value of legal from bringing predictability and transparency to the process – to best practices for managing spend.
- Practical tips for strengthening business relationships to improve the way internal and external teams collaborate on matters and efficiently drive positive legal outcomes.
Some of the leading industry experts set to speak at ALX are:
- Neil MacDougall, Chair of Silverfleet Capital and Chair of the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA).
- Jason Mulvihill, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel for the American Investment Council (AIC).
- Pamela Miranda, Founder and Managing Director of MiiCap
“Private investment funds are highly reliant on their lawyers, and in recent years, the cost of legal services has skyrocketed,” said Apperio Founder and CEO Nicholas d’Adhemar who is both a former lawyer and PE investment manager. “At the same time, there are relatively few forums where industry professionals can come together to share best practices and so we are pleased to welcome them to the Apperio Legal Expo (ALX) 2021.”
On the day of the event, registered attendees that log into the Expo will receive complimentary vouchers with a food delivery service that can be used to order refreshments to enjoy during the event. Prospective attendees are invited to register online: https://info.apperio.com/alx