At IQ Capital Partners LLP, we are committed to preserving the privacy of our clients and website visitors. We recognise that when you provide us with information about yourself or your business you are trusting us to act in a responsible manner and we’re committed to making sure we earn that trust. Our policy for how we use the information that you provide us, or that we collect through the use of our website, is set forth below.
Data we collect from you
IQ Capital Partners LLP collects data about you in the following ways:
1. If you are an investor or prospective investor, or connected with a portfolio company or a prospective portfolio company
We will collect this data through multiple sources:
- Documents, materials, sources you provide to us
- Publicly listed information such as government bodies (e.g., Companies House) and social media (e.g., LinkedIn)
We may also create personal data in the course of our legitimate business activities, e.g., reports on your company.
2. From your usage of the website and any other information you post on the website, e-mail, or otherwise send to us.
3. Applicants for roles within IQ Capital
We may collect personal data about you at various stages in the recruitment cycle, including:
- Basic details (name, address, email, telephone number, right to work status)
- CV, experience, education, academic and professional qualifications, and areas of interest
- Photographs and documents to verify your identity
- Information provided as part of interviews and assessments (including reasonable adjustments information)
- Social mobility data (where you choose to provide this) as well as diversity and equal opportunities data (where you choose to provide this)
We also create personal data in the course of our recruitment activities with you:
- Interview recordings and results, including from video interviews and video assessments
- Assessment results and feedback from online and face-to-face assessments/tests
- Employment offer details
If your application with us is successful, we will collect:
- Additional information as part of our pre-employment screening process (proof of right to work, background checks, qualifications, and professional status)
- Bank account details, national insurance number (or similar) and tax status
4. We collect personal data concerning our own personnel (partners, staff and contractors) as part of the administration, management and promotion of our business activities. Please refer to our Data Protection Policy on why and how personal data is collected and processed in relation to your role with IQ Capital.
Use of Data
We will only use your data to supply you with the services and information which you have requested.
Investors or Prospective Investors
We will use your data in connection with assessing your suitability to invest in our fund. This may include financial, regulatory checks as needed under FCA guidelines or the standards we set for our business.
This processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in managing our investments. Where we are required to process special categories of personal data, we do so on the grounds of our legitimate interests in managing our investments.
We will use your data, along with the data of the key individuals within your company, to assess your suitability for investment and longer term management of our investment within your company.
This means we may process personal data in order to run our business, including:
- Managing our relationship with clients and prospective clients.
- Developing our businesses and services (such as identifying client needs and improvements in how we work with them)
- Maintaining and using IT systems.
- Hosting or facilitating the hosting of event.
- Administering and managing our website and systems and applications.
- Performing analytics for reporting and statistical purposes.
This processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in managing our investments. Where we are required to process special categories of personal data, we do so on the grounds of our legitimate interest in managing our investments.
Use of our website / registration of interest / details you send to us electronically
We may send you further information about our services or keep you informed of legal updates through our periodic newsletters, provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes.
We may contact you by post or telephone as well as by e-mail.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, then please let us know.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- To identify and source talent including by searching our existing talent pool and publicly available sources (such as social media and job websites of which you are a member).
- To process and manage applications for roles and evaluate you for open positions that match your interests and experience.
- To manage your candidate profile, send you email notifications and other announcements, request additional information or otherwise contact you about your application. To screen and select talent by evaluating your suitability for employment with us, including through face-to-face interviews, video interviews, and online and video assessments, and conducting appropriate background checks.
- To hire and onboard talent by making offers of employment and carrying out pre-employment screening checks (which vary from role to role).
- To conduct statistical analyses and create internal reports, for example regarding usage of our career’s websites, demographic analysis of candidates, on our recruitment activities, and analysis of candidate sourcing channels.
- To administer and manage our careers websites, virtual campuses and other recruitment tools and solutions.
- To make reasonable adjustments to our selection processes. Any other purposes stated when you provide your personal data information to us.
To send you, by email or post, welcome information or items once an offer is made.
This processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests to manage our recruitment process, including to assess and confirm suitability for employment.
Please refer to our Data Protection Policy on why and how personal data is collected and processed in relation to your role with IQ Capital.
All information you provide to us is stored and managed on secure databases with industry standard anti-virus and firewall protection in place. All data stored on our databases will be available only to Users with a legitimate need for access.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted online or through the website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Personal data may be transferred outside the United Kingdom due to our global investors. We will do so only where we have a lawful basis, for example to recipients: (i) in countries which provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; or (ii) if adequacy is not available, under agreements which meet UK and/or European Commission Decision 2021/914 requirements for those transfers, as appropriate.
Disclosure of Data
We process all data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. We may disclose your data to other third parties who act for us, in order to provide the services, you have requested. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell, or distribute any of the data you provide to us without your consent.
You have certain rights by law including the right to access your information held by us (for which we may charge a small administrative fee) and to have any inaccurate information corrected. Your rights also include the right to be forgotten, to restrict processing and to object to processing, the right to data portability and the right to object to direct marketing. You have the right to withdraw consent if consent has been given. If your personal details change, or if you have any queries or for further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
IQ Capital Partners LLP
We may make changes to this policy from time to time and any changes will be posted on this page.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding the use of your data or this policy, then please contact Ben Adler or Elaine Hegarty. We will make all efforts to deal with any requests or concerns as speedily as possible.